At Oak Park Apartments we believe that a well informed tenant is a happy tenant and now that weather has officially turned cold we wanted to provide our tenants with the Village of Oak Park’s heating rules and regulations along with additional tips for staying toasty.
As a building owner that furnishes heat for tenants Oak Park Apartments is required to maintain the following apartment room temperatures: 65°F from 6 to 8 a.m.; 68°F from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and 63°F from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
If you are feeling a chill there are some additional steps to take as a tenant:
- Remove window air conditioning units.
- Close your windows, including the storm windows. Lock the windows – this ensures the tightest seal possible.
- Don’t block radiators or radiator vents with furniture.
- Add insulated curtains to windows and keep them closed on cold/windy days. When the sun is shining open the curtains to take advantage of the sun’s warmth, especially windows that have a southern exposure.
- Switch your ceiling fan to reverse – since heat rises turning on your ceiling fan after reversing the blade rotation will push heat back down towards the floor.
- Use a humidifier – humidity holds heat so your apartment will feel warmer once more humidity is in the air.
- Remember when temperatures dip and you want to be warm, wearing shorts and a t-shirt may not be the best choice, even though you are in your apartment.