Both the Village of Oak Park and Oak Park Apartments have specific occupancy rules that regulate how many people can legally live in studio, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments.
Oak Park Apartments occupancy rules include:
- Only the individuals listed on your lease may live in your apartment.
- Only members of your household, as identified on your lease, may use your apartment.
- If you need to add or remove someone from your lease at any point during the term of your lease please notify Oak Park Apartments Leasing Department. This change may necessitate a need to re-apply and re-qualify as a tenant.
- You may have a guest stay with you in your apartment for a maximum of 21 days. Any guest remaining in your apartment longer than 21 days is considered an unauthorized occupant, which violates your lease agreement and could be grounds for eviction.
Not only does Oak Park have occupancy rules for people but there are rules that apply to pets as well. Oak Park allows 1 dog or 2 cats per apartment. Along with the Villages rules Oak Park Apartments has a few pet-specific requirements as well.
- Let Oak Park Apartments know if you have a pet or are planning on getting a pet when you sign your lease. If you are already living with us and decide to make a pet purchase, let us know as soon as you have cemented your decision.
- Certain breed restrictions apply.
- Chicago buildings do not allow dogs.
- Pet owners are charged a 1 time $100 fee by Oak Park Apartments.
- Pet owners must abide by the Village’s animal licensing, pet inoculation, neutering and/or spaying regulations.
The rules put in place by both the Village of Oak Park and Oak Park Apartments are designed to ensure a pleasant living environment for all.