Oak Park Apartments, like all other reputable apartment management companies, requires a security deposit as a part of the terms of a tenant lease.
But what Oak Park Apartments really wants is to make sure you get your deposit back at the end of your lease agreement.
Because we want you to be happy and we want our apartments to be in good condition. A win, win for all involved.
So here’s what you have to do as a tenant:
- When you move in take note of existing problems.
- Take pictures of your apartment – this is a good memory tool for both the tenant and the management company – plus its easy to do with your phone.
- If there are repairs that need to be done then go to OPA’s website and fill out a maintenance request.
- When your lease is up and a move date is scheduled it is time to thoroughly clean your apartment – which means thoroughly cleaning your refrigerator, stove, microwave, countertops, sink, toilet, tub, cabinets and floors – it will make a difference in ensuring you get your full deposit returned.
- Before turning in your keys it’s time to again take pictures of your apartment in order to show the condition it is in at the end of your lease.
- Turn in your apartment keys to management on or before the last day of your lease.
- Provide a forwarding address so that your security deposit can be mailed to your new address – you can expect a check between 30 – 45 days.
Know that Oak Park Apartments strives for customer satisfaction, understands that normal daily wear and tear is different than true apartment damage and will return your security deposit if all terms of the lease have been met.