Please read the following application criteria:
- You must have a strong credit score. All credit scores below 600 will automatically be declined.
- You cannot have a bankruptcy, judgment, eviction, or foreclosure. Some criminal records may also be grounds for a rejected application.
- You should have a gross monthly income of 3 times the amount of rent.
- You must be able to provide income verification. We require a bank statement and another financial document such as check stubs, award letter, job offer letter, tax return form, etc.In addition, you must demonstrate that you have enough money in your bank account to comfortably cover all move-in costs or that such funds will be available at the time of move-in.
- You must be able to provide residency verification: name and phone number or other contact information of landlord, management company, leasing agent, etc.
If you meet all of these requirements, we would be happy to set up an appointment to view some of our apartments. You can call (708) 386-7368 to schedule a weekday appointment between 9am and 5pm or come to a weekly Open House at our leasing office at 35 Chicago Ave. in Oak Park, held every Saturday between 10am and 4pm. Unless otherwise specified by your agent, all appointments begin at our leasing office.You must also provide your own transportation to the apartments, as our agents cannot drive prospective tenants. Oak Park Apartments reserves the right to not show any unit at our discretion.
Please inform us well before your visit of which apartments you would like to see so that we can contact the current tenants, if necessary. Failure to do so will limit the apartments you can see. Breaking an appointment without prior notice will result in the loss of your ability to work with us any further.
- Complete an Oak Park Apartments application either in person or online.
- To apply online, go to rentcafe.com and enter the zip code of the apartment that you want to apply for.
- Find the building and click Apply Now.
- Find the floor plan that corresponds to the apartment and click Apply Now.
- Select the apartment.
- Enter a move-in date and click Apply Now. Pricing may vary between our listings and the price listed on Rentcafe. Please check with your
agent to confirm the current price.
- Create an account or log in if you already have one.
- Enter the required personal and payment information and submit the application.
- Pay the $40.00 application fee. Cash, checks and credit cards are accepted for the paper application.
- Present a photo ID to be copied by an agent.
- Make an earnest money payment of $300.00 to ensure that the unit is no longer marketed once the application is approved. Cash is accepted. This payment cannot be combined with the application fee via a single check or money order. Unless otherwise stated in writing, the unit you apply for online reflects your final decision; we will not refund your $300 or change your unit once you submit the hold fee and your application has been accepted.
If the application is accepted, this payment will go toward the security deposit for Oak Park, River Forest and Forest Park apartments (security deposits are 1.5 times the amount of rent) or the move-in Fee for Chicago apartments (the move-in fee is $300.00). You will then be required to sign a lease within 5 days or you will forfeit the $300.00 and the apartment. Backing out of a lease will also preclude an applicant from renting another unit. If the application is not accepted, the earnest money will be returned to you. Applications take 24-48 hours to process through a third-party screening service. Our agents do not process your application and have no information as to why an application has been declined. You will be contacted as soon as possible to inform you of a decision.
- Unless otherwise stated in writing, you will be responsible for your own parking. If you would like to request an available parking space at one of our buildings, please make sure your agent has confirmed availability and the monthly rate.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call 708-848-2255 or email us by using the contact form on our contact us page.