Please read the following application criteria:
- You must have a strong credit score. All credit scores below 600 will automatically be declined.
- You cannot have a bankruptcy, judgment, eviction, or foreclosure. Some criminal records may also be grounds for a rejected application.
- You should have a gross income of 3 times the amount of rent.
- You must be able to provide income verification: check stubs, bank statement, award letter, job offer letter, name and phone number of employer or supervisor, etc.
- You must be able to provide residency verification: name and phone number or other contact information of landlord, management company, leasing agent, etc.
If you meet all of these requirements, we would be happy to set up an appointment to view some of our apartments. You can call (708) 386-7368 to schedule a weekday appointment between 9am and 5pm or come to a weekly Open House at our leasing office at 35 Chicago Ave. in Oak Park, held every Saturday between 10am and 4pm. Unless otherwise specified by your agent, all appointments begin at our leasing office. You must also provide your own transportation to the apartments, as our agents cannot drive prospective tenants. Oak Park Apartments reserves the right to not show any unit at our discretion.
- Complete an Oak Park Apartments application either in person or online.
- Pay the $40.00 application fee. Cash and credit cards are accepted for the paper application.
- Present a photo ID to be copied by an agent.
- Make an earnest money payment of $300.00 to ensure that the unit is no longer marketed. Cash is accepted. This payment cannot be combined with the application fee via a single check or money order.
If the application is accepted, this payment will go toward the security deposit for Oak Park and Forest Park apartments (security deposits are 1.5 times the amount of rent) or the move-in Fee for Chicago apartments (the move-in fee is $300.00). You will then be required to sign a lease within 5 days or you will forfeit the $300.00. If the application is not accepted, the earnest money will be returned to you. Applications take 24-48 hours to process through a third-party screening service. Our agents do not process your application and have no information as to why an application has been declined. You will be contacted as soon as possible to inform you of a decision.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call 708-848-2255 or email us by using the contact form on our contact us page.